- Don't you want to find out what you really love to do in life, instead of merely aiming at a career ?
- Are ambition and competition really necessary in order to live in this modern world ?
- What is your response to the problems of society, such as poverty, corruption, violence ?
- What is your relationship to your parents and teachers based on ? ...Submission ? Rebellion ? Understanding ?
- What do love and marriage mean to you ?
- How do you deal with your own psychological problems like boredom, jealousy, hurt, pleasure, fear, and sorrow ?
J.Krishnamurti's investigation of these questions constitutes a most original and authentic contribution to the educational thought of the twentieth century. In talking to students and holding discussions with them in different parts of the world, what he sought to impart was not a 'philosophy' of life but rather the art of observing directly one's life.