Two Radio Interviews by Michael Toms (Summary)
1. Intelligence cannot exist without love - 28 April 1983
Duration: 53 minutes
• Q: I think it might be useful for you to speak about your understanding of what meditation really is.
• Q: Inquiry implies a goal of some type. What are we inquiring after?
• Q: Is there a method to the process of releasing conditioning?
• Q: Can the very non-acceptance or non-believing become a belief system?
• Thinking, that instrument which human beings have used for thousands of years is worn out, is no longer worthwhile because we are, both outwardly and inwardly, in a great crisis.
• Is it possible for human beings to find a totally different dimension, an instrument which is not the product of thought, which is altogether different?
• Meditation is love, intelligence and compassion. Without that life has no meaning.
2. Conflict is wastage of energy - 3 May 1984
Duration: 49 minutes
• Q: What is the first step towards eliminating conflict?
• Why are we greedy?
• As long as there is division in myself, that very fragmentation is one of the major causes of conflict.
• My consciousness is knowledge. The self, the ‘me’, the persona, is knowledge.
• Can the human brain, which has been conditioned in this state, radically change to something totally new?
• What is it we call living?
• Do we ever end anything?
• Why separate living and death, and be frightened of it?