Is there a learning that’s not restricted to a particular point of view ? Two School Discussions - Rishi Valley 1981 : Summary
Duration: 60 minutes
• What do you learn from experiences?
• You move from one item of knowledge to another but knowledge is the same.
• Where is knowledge necessary and where is it not necessary?
• Can you look at yourself without any image?
• I can answer all your questions but I want you to think it out for yourself.
2. Do you see the importance of not being frightened? - 15 December 1981
Duration: 72 minutes
• What do we mean by learning?
• Education is basically to learn about yourself and your relationship to the world.
• Q: You said that it is important to learn through sympathy and affection. I don’t understand that.
• Corruption is the way of life in this country. What are you going to do about it?
• Do you want to find out if there is an alternative to taking exams and getting a job?
• We are afraid to go against the current and stand alone. Why?
• Is your action based on belief, the result of tradition, dependent on your parents, on what other people say?
• By comparing yourself with somebody you never find out what you are. What are you?
• What would you like to do for the rest of your life?